- We are a welcoming, progressive Christian community in the Lutheran tradition.
- We welcome inter-faith and ecumenical dialogue and experiences.
- We understand and celebrate the compatibility of religion and science.
- We love and welcome children, striving to make their church experience positive.
- As a congregation on a spiritual journey, we welcome your doubts and questions, your insights and experiences, without pretending to have all the answers.
- We take the scriptures seriously, not necessarily literally. We believe the scriptures proclaim truth and are filled with a variety of types of literature. They are not to be understood as simply an historical document or rulebook. Together, the scriptures tell us of God's presence with humanity since the beginning.
Inspired and empowered by God we seek justice, peace and
inclusion for all creation.
- We put God first in thought and action following Christ’s example.
- We foster life-long spiritual growth and share our spiritual resources with the community.
- We create a vibrant and inclusive community by opening our hearts and doors with compassion and courage.
- We love, serve, and care for all God’s creation.
- We make decisions through prayerful consideration of our actions and their consequences.
Meet the Staff
Rev. Inga Oyan Longbrake
Pastor - October 1, 2018
She has a passion for gospel proclamation, creative ministry, and taking on the challenge of being church in new ways for this new time.
Contact Pastor Inga
Director of Music Ministries
Kinna comes to us with lots of experience in the church, working both with youth and with music. She grew up in the Lutheran church and received her undergraduate degree in music.
After that, she received a masters degree from Luther Seminary in Children, Youth and Family Ministry and has been working in the Denver metro area for the last five years. In that time, she’s also gotten married and had her first child! She is pictured here with her husband, Kendall, and her son, Kobe.
Teresa Dancewicz Helmers
Teresa graduated from Clark University in Worcester, MA, in May 2019 with a degree in music (Honors in Piano Performance) and is a new Colorado resident. She teaches piano and hopes accompanying in a church will be a nice complement to that work.
Teresa grew up on the east coast and is excited to explore the west. She grew up in the Catholic church and knows the liturgical tradition well. She was looking for a progressive, welcoming church community where her talents could be put to use, and we’re happy to say she found us.
Leah is our very part-time volunteer coordinator. She was born and raised in Minnesota and met her husband Ken in college. They have two adult children and four grandchildren. She started her career teaching language arts in kindergarten and first grade but felt a calling to youth and education ministry.
She likes reading, gardening, the Everly Brothers, and playing with children and she is a firm believer that the Vikings one day will do it!
She is an important part of our staff. She is very interested in re-educational theology and spirituality groups. She believes in God's gifts of teamwork and networking.
Meet the Council
President - Roger Miller
Vice-president - Sue Edwards
Treasurer - Jim Bonham
Secretary - Sue Wainess